Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Abandoned

This abandoned, overgrown, farm house sits on the same property as the barn sketch I posted under the title "Last Legs." The house is up and around the drive that passes the barn. The place hasn't been lived in for years and is now mostly obscured by the brush, trees, and tall grass that have grown up around the old house. Like the barn it will soon be gone.

I'd intended to go back and sketch the house the day after I did the barn but wasn't able to for a couple of weeks. When I went back this past Friday, to do the sketch, the sun was shining brightly but as I worked on the sky darkened to the west and by the time I headed back to the boat it had started to rain.


2 comments:

  1. What stories that could tell! Thank you for sharing, Dave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, beat me to it. That was exactly the same comment I was going to make.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...